November 12, 2012

Recipe: Super Sweet Banana Bread

I had a craving to make banana bread this weekend. Something about November just makes me want to make bread. My baking secret is that whatever the called-for amount of brown sugar is, I double it. And if there isn't brown sugar needed, I add in a sizeable amount. I'm a rebel. Below is my mish-mashed recipe for super sweet banana bread.


Ingredients
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup of melted butter
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • Instagram

Directions
Preparation time is about 10-15 minutes and oven time is about an hour. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Although, I never do this because I'm terrified of putting my hands in the oven when it's already heated. But perhaps you're in a more stable relationship with your oven. First (or second if you're a pre-heater), mash up the bananas in a large bowl. Then mix in the melted butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinamonn, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour last so it's easier for you to stir everything together and you're less likely to lose your mind for 2 minutes.  Pour the mixture into a buttered (or sprayed) loaf dish. I have a variety of sizes, sometimes I make too much or sometimes I make too little. But the one that worked for this recipe was 4" x 8". Bake in the oven for an hour, cool, Instagram it, and then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment